Tuesday, April 29, 2008

He Is So Much More!

"Ataraxia"
a state of freedom from emotional disturbance and anxiety
tranquillity
peace of mind
calmness
When we know God there is freedom! To the same degree that we know Him, we will be free from worry, fear, stress.
God is love and His love is always planning for, working in, giving to, supporting, defending, nurturing, blessing my life. He is my passion, my heart's pursuit. His life draws my heart to Him like a moth to a flame. The manifestations of His love are all around me and I am never tired of or have ever gotten used to His 'life-giving' effects!
Knowing Him like this allows my soul to be free! I can have complete confidence in His goodness to overshadow any circumstance I may be facing. I do not have to worry - I know His will take care of me. I don't have to fear - I know that He will protect me. I don't have to be filled with stress of any kind - I know that He has a plan, He is at work and He will always be with me.
I have the joy of knowing that all of His promises are true! I can look at each situation that comes along and have peace that it is an opportunity for God to reveal Himself, His heart, His ways.
David, who was passionate for God said,
"The Lord is my light (my fire, my passion)
and my salvation
so why should I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1
Paul said,
"If God is for us, who can ever be against us?"
Romans 8:31
When my mind and heart are filled with Wonderful Him, everything else falls into place in His grace. He is so much bigger, so much lovelier, so much more valuable, so much more than anything else in my life! Oh the sweetness of life with Him!


No comments: