Monday, April 7, 2008

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!

I am still basking in the events, effects and memories of yesterday. Sunday, April 6th was the 4th meeting of Redeeming Life Fellowship. I am not sure I can find the right words to justly convey all that transpired. I keep hearing the words of an old hymn ringing in my heart when I try to communicate the beauty of all that happened:

Oh, for a thousand tongues to sing
My great Redeemer’s praise,
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of his grace!

The name of Jesus charms our fears
And bids our sorrows cease,
Sings music in the sinner’s ears,
Brings life and health and peace.

He breaks the power of canceled sin;
He sets the prisoner free.
His blood can make the foulest clean;
His blood avails for me.

All week long, as I prepared music, I felt a rush of anticipation. There was something in the music I chose that made my heart want to run into glory! I was as so excited!
I wondered who would come. I wondered how and what they might share about their lives, their week, their relationship with God. I wondered how we might lift them up and encourage them; what would we be able to give them that would help them in the next week. I couldn't wait to see and pray with the leadership couples, joining together in anticipation with them - oh, how we love to prepare a place to welcome folks and make them feel loved!
All I can say, is that it was like there was an 'awesome', tangible, fragrant, sweet 'cloud' or 'river' that filled the entire room, enveloping each of the 38 people there and enveloping them all together! (We've grown from 11 to 38 in 4 weeks! There would be close to 50 people who are interested in coming consistently!)
Each testimony that was shared was beautifully honoring to God. Each verse that was shared perfectly fit. Jeff's message on "Seeking the Face of God" was delivered so tenderly and passionately. Every word was gratefully received and taken in deeply.
By the time we got to worship, every heart was fixed on God, alone, and His beautiful presence was undeniably there - felt by all. People were praying for one another all over the room. Others were partaking in communion. Some were crying, some standing with uplifted hands in deep worship - heart to heart - face to face with God. All were immersed in the light of His life, His goodness, His love, His healing, His encouragement, His forgiveness, His abundant grace! No one wanted to leave - "service" being over at noon, but most everyone staying until well after 1:00pm!
I wish there was some way you could see into our hearts! The leadership couples came to our home at 5:00pm for dinner and we delighted in the events of the morning over and over again. "To God be the glory for the things He has done!"
Oh how we love to share God with people! ! ! Oh how we love to love people! ! !
Oh how we look forward in anticipation for next Sunday! ! !
I wonder what it will be like?

No comments: