Monday, April 14, 2008

To God Be the Glory!


(View from my deck)

"And many people shall go and say,
'Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord...
and He will teach us of His ways,
and we will walk in His paths..."
Isaiah 2:3

April 13th -- Sunday morning
I woke up feeling a little less than optimum. Sometimes this body feels so unfamiliar!
Church was another glorious experience! Rebekah shared all that the Lord had brought to her in the way of encouragement throughout the week concerning her son, Caleb. Watching Him blessing her as she pursues Him and His righteousness in her life is breath-taking. So many are supporting her in prayer, with encouraging words, in tangible ways.
Other people shared scripture verses, and testimony. Each one lifted up the Lord and His goodness. His glory seems to bounce off the walls as those who love and follow Him tell of all the wonderful things He has done.

Pastor Jeff taught about "The Mountain of the Lord". Oh, how everyone was blessed! ! ! He proposed a new thought about 'the mountain' - connecting the passage where Caleb says, 'Give me this mountain' , and where Jesus says that if we have faith the size of a mustard seed, we could say to 'this mountain' be moved... We have always thought that the mountain Jesus was referring to was a mountain of challenge that we want 'removed' for some reason.(ie. the mountain of illness, or the mountain of debt, or the mountain of bitterness, etc.. But he suggested that faith the size of a mustard seed could move the "Mountain of the Lord" to act on our behalf in whatever situation we have need.
So, instead of praying for the 'mountain of illness' to be removed; pray that the 'Mountain of Healing' would move on your behalf. Instead of praying for the mountain of debt to be removed; pray that the 'Mountain of Provision' move on your behalf! Instead of focusing on your problem, focus on God, who alone can bring aid and restoration to your life!
When I got up to lead worship, I decided to begin with the song that was actually 2nd on my list. I began to play and the words of the song were leaping off the page resonating with the word that had been taught. Each succeeding song led us higher and deeper in intimate worship and adoration of the Lord who is holy. In the end, I was leading the song, 'The Lord is Holy', and was overcome with the sense that I was in the middle of bright, clear Light. There was no one else, nothing else - just me in the middle, completely surrounded by this clear brightness. I could not sing. Tears were falling but I didn't feel like I was crying. I didn't want anything to stop, but I was afraid of what might happen next. It was truly an awesome, holy moment.

The comments that I received later about the worship time, were so very humbling and encouraging at the same time. The effect of hearts responding to the Word of God in sweet, honest worship was very powerful. Each one found their place before Him and they will never be the same.
To God be the glory
To God be the glory

To God be the glory

For the things He has done!

No comments: