Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Treasures



Yesterday, this page was on my Friendship Calendar. I chuckled and said to my best friend, "We could have written that one!"
We've long realized the priceless value of each other in our lives and "Treasure" has been a term we've come to use very frequently when referring to the other.
The definition of 'treasure' is: any thing or person greatly valued or highly prized;
to regard or treat as precious; cherish.
Each life is handmade by God and when we take the time to explore, we will find incredible surprises - innumerable dimensions of great beauty and value!
But, when you find a 'Friend', among all those beautiful valuable people, you have found someone to regard as precious! A friend is the gift of a life from God to your life and, as with any gift from Him, (Remember, He only gives good gifts!) I encourage you - with all that is in me - to value them greatly! They are rare and beautiful and an incredible joy to have as you journey through this life.
I will forever be grateful for the many gifts God has brought into my life - different ones for different seasons, but, the gift of a friend is certainly a treasure most precious to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"When you treasure something, it’s valuable to you. You handle it carefully and protect it. When you treasure a person or relationship, you give attention to them and think about them constantly!" - Joel Osteen

I must treasure YOU too! I LOVE YOU, my Precious, Beloved Treasure!

Jenny Silliman said...

Dearest Diane,
You are a treaure to me!
Lots of love from,
Jenny Silliman