Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Favorite Place!



Tomorrow, my husband and I leave for some 'together time'. He is taking me to Long Beach, Washington, which is probably my favorite place in my world. I SO look forward to the day when I own a little cottage there where I can set up my studio and writer's corner.
I love the ocean and its beach so much that I go any month of the year when the opportunity presents itself. I revel in the 'gorgeous days' when the sky is blue and there's little or no breeze. Seems I could walk the beach for hours and hours, watching the surf dance in jubilation. Even in the middle of winter, and I have been there in January, when the sky is stuffed with saturated rainclouds and the wind blows fiercely - I go and park on the beach, roll down my window, watching and listening.
How deeply the sound of the ocean speaks to my soul of the overwhelming, powerful nature of God! "God is magnificent; he can never be praised enough. There are no boundaries to his greatness!" (Ps.145:3) How small I feel under the expanse of the sky, and smaller yet, when I consider the immeasurableness of His love! "Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds." (Ps.36:5)
When I am standing there, eyes and heart transfixed on the wonder of the sea and sky, I cannot help but worship Him. Not only did He create and set in order the sea and sky, but His desire in doing so was that we would get a little glimpse into His magnificent greatness and His vast love by observing all that He made.
I see His handiwork. I hear His call. I love His heart!

"Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength

Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many waters." Psalm 29:1-3

No comments: