Monday, May 17, 2010

Thought for Today

Today -
I will focus intently on each task I am doing. It takes self control to keep the mind from wandering from the present, to thoughts of the past or the future. Focusing on the moment also helps to keep myself in motion and from getting overwhelmed. I will pay attention to what I am doing right now - the laundry, taking a photo, cleaning the kitchen, job interview, cooking a meal, writing a post, painting, or visiting with someone.
When I pay attention to the present moment, all of my senses and intellect will be ready to give and to gain from whatever I am doing. I will experience the moment fully. I will be conscious of doing the best I can. All of my energy is there for the task at hand, so, I will exert a little more - go one step farther - to better myself and to keep moving toward the goal.

No comments: