Thursday, December 11, 2008

There and Back Again ;)


You guessed it - I've been to Long Beach and back again ;)
I love spur-of-the-moment things and this trip was one of those. I'm always on the lookout for a sweet squeeze in between hectic or demanding schedules where I can go and spend some time in the wake and roar of the ocean.
Monday was absolutely spectacular! The weather was very unseasonal - hardly a breeze, warm, sunny with clouds in the sky.
The beach was like a cleaned chalk board - no marks in it - so beautiful!
The ocean was amazing - the waves were cresting so far out. There was a little fishing vessel, I believe it was 'trolling'(?) parallel to the shore, so it gave quite a perspective on the action out there.
A rainbow formed from a little spot above the water until it was a full arch connecting sky, sea and land! What an unforgettable experience!
My soul revels in a day and an experience like that. Sometimes it feels as if my soul would leap right out of my body! ! !
How thankful I am to be able to 'come away and rest awhile' in the plethora of God's works of creation. It makes me feel like I am in the center of a vast museum of a Master Artisan - and I, too, am a work of His fingers. Its where I belong - its the perspective I need to keep!
(You can click on a photo to see an enlarged image - Have fun!)

2 comments:

God's Girl said...

Beautiful pictures! I went to Cal state Long Beach and visited the beach almost daily.

There is nothing like spending time with Jesus in the middle of God's beautiful creation.

Julie

Diane said...

Thanks Julie! Nice to see you again :) Merry Christmas to you and yours!