Saturday, November 29, 2008

In the 1st grade of school, I had a teacher that made an impression on me from Day 1. I remember her as being tall with light colored hair and what a first grader would call 'an older lady'. She was somewhat strict, but I loved the order in her classroom. She began everyday with prayer and I remember feeling that she was different from other ladies.
One of the endearing things about her was that around this time of year, she exposed us to the whole world of feeding birds. As a 6 year old, I had never thought that the little birds would need help when the snow was 3 feet deep from November through March on the east coast of Canada, so learning about how to do this was fascinating and she made it sound so easy!
The love of feeding and enjoying the birds has never left me - however, I have not yet been successful in my mind. I have attempted many times to begin a 'feeding program' but have given up after awhile.
You see, I have really wanted more than just a few feeders in the front yard. I've always wanted a Bird Sanctuary, and this year, I think my dream may come true! So, keep watch! I will post my 'Bird Sanctuary Dream Coming True' here - all that I learn, all that I am successful with and even my bads.

Here's a song I learned in church when I around 6 years old:
God sees the little sparrow fall,
It meets His tender view;
If God so loves the little birds,
I know He loves me, too.
He loves me, too, He loves me, too,
I know He loves me, too!
Because He loves the little things,
I know He loves me, too.

He paints the lilies in the field,
Adds perfume to each bell;
If He so loves the little flowers,
I know He loves me well.

He loves me, too,He loves me, too,
I know He loves me, too!
Because He loves the little things,
I know He loves me, too.

God made the little birds and flowers,
And all things big and small;
He'll not forget His little ones,
I know He loves us all.

He loves me, too,He loves me, too,
I know He loves me, too!
Because He loves the little things,
I know He loves me, too.

No comments: