Friday, November 28, 2008

At Our Home

Our oldest son, Jeffrey, came home from Seattle. Charisa and her new husband were here. Of course, Andrew, Michael and Halleleyah were here ;) and Rebekah, Jeff and I. The weather was glorious and it seemed like time stood still for awhile.
The food was a fitting match for all who have sweet memories of Thanksgiving Dinners - I think I enjoy making the dressing, watching the Turkey brown, mashing the potatoes and mixing up the Cranberry Jello Salad more than I enjoy eating - but, OH how I enjoy hearing the 'oohs' and 'ahs' of everyone around the table as the first forkfuls reach their mouths! The Thanksgiving Dinner is the 'cherry-on-top' of their wonderful day.
And, wonderful it was! I LOVE hearing and watching my family playing and laughing together! I think I've said once before, "Its like music to my ears." Each person brings their own beautiful, colorful personality to the mix and is loved, appreciated and discovered anew by all. Watching them all yesterday caused me to realize that these are all the same 'kids' I've had the privelege of knowing for all these years and they haven't 'changed' - they've only become more beautiful, stronger, wiser, more successful than ever and I love the maturing of who they are!
To be able to sit and soak up the beauty of who they are is a joy that is beyond words. I could have spent my whole day just hugging each one of them over and over again.
How very thankful I was yesterday - for all that God has blessed my life with - but especially my family - I AM TRULY BLESSED - and THANKFUL EVERYDAY!
Photo courtesy of Rebekah - Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your family is just beautiful!

Diane said...

I overflow with the sweetness of that day!