Wednesday, April 1, 2009

He Will Care For Me

"Listen to me, descendants of Jacob
all you who remain in Israel.
I have cared for you since you were born.
Yes, I carried you before you were born.
I will be your God throughout your lifetime---
until your hair is white with age.
I made you, and I will care for you.
I will carry you along and save you."
Isaiah 46:3-4

I opened my Bible last night, just before going to sleep and this is the place my eyes fell on. It is underlined because, some time ago, it spoke to my heart, as it did last night - again.
I read the verses, and then I closed my eyes to meditate on the passage. All I could hear was the word "C - a - r - e"

I care for you~
I carried you~
I will care for you~
I will carry you~

I know that God, in His great love and mercy, has cared for me throughout my lifetime. There have been times when He has carried me when I did not have the strength in my self to keep going. The memories of those times are forged in my heart because it was through those times that I came to know Him and His immense love for me.
Today, I can stand and face many things, known and unknown, with confidence and peace because I have known His heart and ways of caring. I may not have all the answers. There may be many unknowns. But, one thing I do know and cannot be persuaded otherwise, is this...

He will care for me~
He will carry me ~

1 comment:

Sidney Trobairitz Barthell said...

There is no way to fully understand the depth of caring that God has for us until we are, really, too exhausted, too hurt, too sick, too finished to go on, and THEN, the Everlasting Arms, and the breath of God come quietly to bear us up and carry us along, with a direction and a confidence and purpose, and we, amazed, resting, not trying, just allowing God to care tenderly for us. It is such a crucible that one becomes convinced beyond reason and doubt that there IS God, and that He is FOR us.