Thursday, July 23, 2009

In His Sanctuary


I love your sanctuary, Lord,
the place where
your glorious presence dwells.
Psalm 26:8

The one thing I ask of the Lord--
the one thing I seek most--

is to live in the house of the Lord

all the days of my life,
delighting in the Lord's perfections

and meditating in his Temple.

For he will conceal me there
when troubles come;
he will hide me in his sanctuary.

He will place me out of reach

on a high rock.
My heart has heard you say,
"Come and talk with me."
And my heart responds,

"Lord, I am coming."
Yet, I am confident

I will see the Lord's goodness
while I am here in the land of the living.

Wait patiently for the Lord.

Be brave and courageous.

Yes, wait patiently for the Lord

Psalm 27:4-5, 8, 13-14

--Photo courtesy of Ivars Krafts--
see his blogs at
http://ivarsvoice.blogspot.com
http://ivarsbirds.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Sidney Trobairitz Barthell said...

So, David and Job are in agreement; we shall see God, while we are yet in this flesh. Hear his voice, see his witness in the heavens, which declare his glory, and entertain his very presence while we yet live. Oh death, where is thy victory?